Angela Veksler is a senior leader who aligns business and technology around a common vision, strategy, aggressive measurable goals and defined priorities. Angela’s passion is using technology and process to enable revenue growth and cost reduction while providing effective business solutions, superior customer service, managing risk and ensuring continued operational improvements. She executes with focus on ROI, process, metrics, transparency, speed, quality, accountability, and effective communication. She has proven expertise in building high performing, collaborative technology teams committed to their customers, engaged with the business, and aligned with goal and performance management.
Angela spent the last 11 years at Washington Mutual/JP Morgan Chase as a CIO. During her tenure, she provided senior leadership for several business lines: Consumer Finance, Commercial Lending, and Mortgage Lending as well as for all of the Corporate Departments (Company Intranet, Human Resources, Risk Management, Compliance, Audit, Operational Excellence, Legal, Property Services, Community Giving, Communications, Purchasing) and Enterprise Applications (Anti-Money Laundering, Credit Analytics, Imaging, Company Intranet, Quality Assurance, Database and Data Management). As a member of the Technology Executive team, Angela defined strategy, enterprise architecture, technology governance and standards, and best practices.
- People and Leadership Development
- Strategic and Tactical Execution
- Change and Transformation Leadership
- Cost Reduction/Measurable Efficiency Improvement
- Integrated Business Solution/Application Delivery
- Financial, Process, Project and Quality Management
- Led hundreds of successful initiatives – small to large, complex enterprise system integration
- Drove significant cost reductions and improved efficiency in every area of responsibility
- Defined vision, strategy, and related multi-year roadmaps and successfully executed to goals
- Implemented process engineering and re-engineering to ensure continued improvements
- Built high performing teams and provided lasting leadership talent across organization
- Built very productive delivery and maintenance teams using both internal talent and off-shore resources
- CIO for the Commercial Lending ‘start-up’ which became #1 across U.S. in 3 years. Leveraging technology and process, we achieved a 30% efficiency ratio and reduced decisioning time from 90 to 30 days.
- Reduced home lending technology budget by 30% in 12 months - from $300M to $210M while increasing volume of delivered initiatives, time to market and delivery quality
- Provided first strategic plans for Commercial, Home Lending, and Corporate Technology. Successfully executed to plans.
- Implemented web-based loan origination system eliminating 7 redundant platforms, integrated end-to-end across enterprise, providing ‘single source’ reliable data. $110M initiative delivered on time and under budget
- Led enterprise SOX compliance initiative. Critical initiative was severely behind schedule. Engaged resources across enterprise, quickly drove collaboration and requirements, implemented controls and process.
- Built a resource prioritization and utilization model that provided planning and cost analysis for both internal and external resources. Integrated with ROI modeling.
Angela received Florida Governor’s Award for Education Partner of the Year for her contribution to technology in inner city schools. She was given the Circle of Excellence Award (highest leadership recognition) for 8 years at WaMu.