Strategic leader who aligns business and technology to drive business growth with cost efficiency using people, process, and technology. Passion is driving positive change focused on bottom-line results by defining technology strategy, setting aggressive goals, and building high performing, business-focused teams that deliver with speed and quality.
Extensive track record in quickly achieving measurable efficiency improvements, providing strong financial management, developing collaborative relationships across company, enabling ongoing productivity improvements, and delivering integrated effective business solutions.
Eleven years executive level experience including strategy and goal planning coupled with execution, large budget management, substantial risk management, performance management, technology and business process improvement, enterprise oversight, and Executive Committee and Board presentations.
Leadership expertise leveraging, deploying and managing across diverse hardware platforms, operating systems, languages, methodologies, applications, and tools.
CIO / SENIOR TECHNOLOGY LEADER
CIO Corporate Groups Technology, Senior Vice President
Washington Mutual/JP Morgan Chase – Seattle, WA (1/2007-2/2009)Provided strategic IT leadership for Corporate Groups and Enterprise Solutions for Washington Mutual: Enterprise Risk (Credit, Market, Operational), Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, Communications, Corporate Property Services, Purchasing, Sourcing, Operational Excellence, Audit, Community Services, Company Intranet, Enterprise Imaging and Workflow, Quality Assurance, and Enterprise Database Management. Led 400 member team (48% off shore) with an annual operating budget of $100M. Designed and implemented global IT strategy aligned with enterprise architecture, customer goals, and corporate strategies that was comprehensively integrated across enterprise. Member of the executive leadership team for both Technology and Businesses. Provided technology leadership and support for 180 applications, 800 servers, 5,000 employees
- Defined technology strategy, architecture, roadmap and drove development and implementation for:
- Enterprise Intranet for 55,000 employees using Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS)
- Enterprise compliance including controls automation, dashboard reporting, policy management and tools in partnership with regulators, internal and external audit
- Credit Risk Analysis and Management environment comprised of enterprise wide lending and customer data, leveraging Oracle, SAS and Business Objects
- Anti Money Laundering/Fraud capability including implementing 4 new integrated applications, workflow and developing comprehensive metrics and reporting
- Document, Imaging and Content Management including workflow
- Upgrade of HR PeopleSoft platform including external components, eg., Talent Management
- Reduced operating budget by 23% while increasing productivity 30% ($100M to $73M) - streamlined staff and re-negotiated contracts while increasing quality and volume of initiatives completed
- Defined and implemented enterprise governance, management process and hardening for 2000+ databases
- Increased global delivery utilization from 10% to 48%
CIO Home Loans, Senior Vice President
Washington Mutual – Seattle, WA ( 7/2005 – 12/2006)Provided strategic IT leadership for the mortgage lending division – 3rd largest in the United States. Led 550 member team (30% off shore) with a direct annual operating budget of $300M. Designed and implemented comprehensive IT strategy for application modernization, integration, stabilization, cost reduction and innovation for 15,000 employees across 5 business channels. Transformed fragmented technology group into a dynamic, business focused team that executed for measurable results. Member of the executive leadership team for both technology and business, reporting jointly to enterprise CIO and division president. Provided technology leadership and support for 300 applications, 1,100 servers, 15,000 employees
- Developed the first end-to-end Technology Strategy, 3 year roadmap and implementation plan to streamline, simplify and modernize the end-to-end mortgage solutions and infrastructure environment.
- Improved time-to-market by 30% and reduced overhead by 45% by creating a scalable off-shore/outsourced development model. Gained buy-in of employees for this cultural change.
- Implemented a resource capacity planning and management process to facilitate prioritization, cost benefit and ROI process, and cost accountability for new initiatives
- Aligned IT group with business objectives, collaborative organizational goals and project management process discipline
- Implemented a new, web-based, real time transaction loan originations application solution for all home loans sales channels, eliminating 7 redundant legacy applications, integrated end-to-end and across enterprise
- Reduced IT costs by 30% in 12 months $300M to $210M - by consolidating loan production centers, streamlining and reducing assets, renegotiating vendor contracts and driving improved productivity.
- Drove cost efficiency by increasing global delivery resources by 45% while ensuring on time delivery of over 100 initiatives aligned with technology strategy
- Led reduction and restructuring of technology workforce to align with business conditions ensuring talent retained and all employees were treated fairly
CIO Commercial Lending, Senior Vice President
Washington Mutual – Seattle, WA (2/2000-8/2005)Provided strategic leadership for Commercial Lending, Consumer Finance Lending and Commercial Banking technology organizations. Visionary technology leader that defined and implemented architecture, applications,, tools, and processes for the ‘start up’ commercial lending business which grew to #1 apartment lender in US with 20% of overall revenue for WaMu with the fastest and highest quality loan processing time in industry. Key Accomplishments:
- Implemented, consolidated and streamlined overall environment to a cost effective technology application and infrastructure environment which enabled an efficiency ratio of 32%
- Built a 350 person call center to support centralized commercial servicing including facility, infrastructure, tools and production metrics. Location Dallas, TX.
- Implemented strategic and innovative capability for commercial lending: auto credit decisioning capability including integrated appraisal components and data capture, sales contact management, electronic document delivery, web based MIS
- Built a comprehensive Commercial Lending data warehouse that was successfully leveraged for analytics, compliance and MIS
- Formed a high performance technology team focused on customer satisfaction and quality solution delivery
- Led successful conversions to support three acquisitions and 2 divestitures
Sarbanes Oxley Senior Technology Lead/Enterprise Leadership Project
Washington Mutual – Seattle, WA (2/2004-12/2004)Key Accomplishments:
- Led a matrixed team of 100+ technology and business team members across company to identify and document all technology control points, conducted gap analysis, designed new, effective control points including launching effort to design a System Development Life Cycle methodology, and ensure company received satisfactory audit rating
- Defined and implemented on-going staffing model, metrics and reporting, proactive audit process for self identification and correction and operationalized ongoing operating process to ensure technology adherence to SOX compliance guidelines
- Partnered with internal and external auditors to develop operationalized process for ongoing SOX assessment, training and delivery
- Defined and implemented Systems Development Life Cycle Methodology for enterprise
CIO Consumer Finance Lending, Senior Vice President
Great Western/Washington Mutual – Tampa, FL (2/1998-3/2003)Provided strategic and innovative leadership for the Consumer Finance Lending technology organization. Responsible for all technology for the ‘stand-alone’ business including strategy, financial management, application development, risk management, data warehouse and MIS delivery, data center, call center, marketing, policies and procedures, security, infrastructure, networks, etc. for the $3bb business comprised of 2,000 employees. Key Accomplishments:
- Led development in partnership with Arthur Andersen for an end-to-end consumer finance platform comprised of mainframe and distributed architecture for consumer loans, secured and unsecured revolving credit products, direct and online document delivery, payment/payoff processing, sales lead management, data/information delivery and MIS. Multi-platform environment that included real time distributed processing for 550 sales offices.
- Implemented a comprehensive automated, rules-based credit approval process using all credit bureaus. Leveraged data gained during process to drive ongoing customer analysis for sales and collections.
- Built an enterprise data warehouse comprised of all financial, loan and customer transactions, customer demographics, payment history and loan losses to drive advanced analytical processes using SAS and Business Objects.
- Developed and managed a very successful online internet environment that provided real time loan decisioning, auto funds transfer, customer status via email and seamless integration with servicing environment. This was the first fully serviced internet site for the consumer finance industry.
- Built a 350 person call center to support centralized customer support for collections and sales including related application development, facilities, infrastructure, telephony, tools and production metrics. Location Pensacola, FL.
- Implemented a private label credit card product using outsourced FDR credit card processing and integrating the credit card functionality into the internal end-to-end lending application.
Earlier experience: Great Western/Washington Mutual Memphis, TN: Vice President, Technology (1995-1998); Assistant Vice President, Technology (1993–1995); Enterprise Applications Manager (1990–1993); Senior Project Leader (1988-1990)
- Chairman’s Challenge (Washington Mutual Senior Leadership Program) * May thru October 2007
- Leading by the Numbers (Washington Mutual Senior Leadership Program) * September thru October 2006
- Executive Coaching * September 2005 thru December 2006
- Center of Creative Leadership * Executive Development Program * February 2001
- University of South Florida * Continued education in Finance, Technology * 1995 thru 2000
- Memphis State University * Continued education in Finance, Technology * 1989 thru 1993
- Memphis Technical College * Majors: Computer Science, Business Data Processing * Minor: Accounting * GPA 3.8 * December 1982
- Circle of Excellence (Nominated by Business) – 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005
- Star Award - 2004
- Governor’s Award from State of Florida for Education Partner of the Year - 2001
- Member Board of Directors -- Museum of History and Industry -- 2005 thru 2009
EXCELLENT REFERENCES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST